Purpose, practice, & plan
As architects, we’re inspired by purpose—a sense of meaning, understanding, beauty, and function. We’ll explore purpose—this year’s theme—at one of convention’s most popular and influential events: The keynotes.
They dream big, they provoke, they inspire, and AIA Convention 2014 brings them to you.
These are the individuals who push the boundaries, who challenge the way we think, and who bring alive the latest concepts changing architecture, design, and the world we live in.
Leading firm principals, sustainability experts, innovators, disrupters, and entrepreneurs—we’ve included every type of inspiring perspective to push our profession forward and to make you think.
Join 2015 AIA President Helene Combs Dreiling, FAIA, and Stephen Chung, AIA, host of Cool Spaces!, on a three-day journey designed to reignite your passion, and practice, with purpose.
See for yourself the experience we’ve designed to provoke, stimulate, celebrate, and inspire you.
Thursday, June 26 | 8:15-10:00 a.m. | Arie Crown Theater
More about Day 1 >
Friday, June 27 | 8:30-10:00 a.m. | Arie Crown Theater
- Ed Mazria, AIA, Founder and CEO of Architecture 2030
- Frances Anderton, host of KCRW’s DnA: Design and Architecture
- Majora Carter, MacArthur Fellow and urban revitalization strategist
- Ellen Dunham-Jones, AIA, co-author of Retrofitting Suburbia and chair of the Congress for New Urbanism
- Robin Guenther, FAIA, principal at Perkins+Will and co-author of Sustainable Healthcare Architecture
- Rachel Minnery, AIA, disaster resiliency activist formerly with Architecture for Humanity
More about Day 2 >
Saturday, June 28 | 2-3:30 p.m. | Arie Crown Theater
- Tony Hsieh, former Zappos CEO, author of New York Times No. 1 bestselling book, Delivering Happiness
More about Day 3 >